What is REACH pre-registration?
Pre-Registration Services for REACH:
Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation of CHemicals
(World's Strictest Chemicals Law)
REACH Only Representative Service
Easy/Simple/Quick/Low-cost solutions for non-EU manufacturers
offered by a world leading regulatory consulting group!
(from 99£/year only! Click here to Order NOW save up to 35% )
What is Pre-registration?
Pre-registration is a REACH process taking place between 1 June and 1 December 2008. During this period all manufactures and importers of phase-in-substances in quantities of 1 tonne or more per year and producers/importers of articles containing substance(s) intended to be released in quantities of 1 tonne or more per year have the possibility to inform ECHA about which substances they intend to register. Companies taking this opportunity are granted extended registration deadlines for their substances. Without pre-registration, substances need to be registered before they are manufactured in the Community or placed on the market. These registration obligations apply from 1st June 2008.
When does pre-registration start?
The time window for Pre-registration is only: 1 June 2008 – 1 December 2008.
Will there be a pre-registration number distributed to the pre-registrant?
Yes, every successfully pre-registered phase-in substance will receive a pre-registration number. This number will be unique for every company and pre-registered substance.
The structure of the pre-registration number will be:
Example: 05 - 1234567890 - 49 - 0000
• 05 is the pre-registration type
• 1234567890 is the random unique 10-digit number
• 49 is the calculated checksum (changeable 2-digit number)
• 0000 is the index number
This structure is of the same basic format as the other registration and notification
numbers that REACH-IT will provide.
What are the advantages of pre-registration?
Besides the fact that pre-registration allows companies to benefit from extended registration deadlines, it also allows industry to adapt gradually to the new system. More specifically pre-registration:
- Allows you to continue manufacturing or importing phase-in substances until the relevant registration deadline;
- Gives you additional time to organise the collection and assessment of available data, the sharing of existing data, and the collective generation of missing information;
- Provides the basis to make existing information on substances e.g. non-testing information, substance to substance read-across, data from testing accessible to those who need the information for registration;
- Ensures that there will be no interruption in the supply to downstream users using your substances.
Need more information, guide or assistance?
Let Wellkang be your REACH Only Representative and
Pre-register your chemicals under REACH regulation in EU!
Contact us now for a quote!